The four schemes are open to any Birmingham care-leaver between the ages of 16 and 25, who wants to study at university.
The awards are:
- Scholarships: to cover all or part of a young person’s fees and / or living expenses on college or university courses;
- Bursaries: to cover ongoing expenses at college, such as books and travel expenses (usually in the range of £300 ‑ £500) and help with childcare. We have recently introduced a Postgraduate Bursary of £3000 to students on Masters programmes who are in receipt of the new postgraduate loan. This scheme has been developed in association with Birmingham Children’s Trust After Care Service.
- One‑off grants: for particular expenses, such as musical instruments, books, sporting equipment, artists’ materials and so on;
Since its foundation, the Eve Brook Scholarship Fund has also run several other schemes, including:
- funding computers for care-leavers at college and university;
- placing resident artists in children’s homes to work with young people;
- running arts workshops to introduce young people to music, art and performance;
- organising theatre visits for children in care.
Please contact us for further information firstname.lastname@example.org.